Wednesday 10 September 2014

Professional Module: Personal Brand

I was a little frustrated and impatient in this one, but then that's two hour long sessions for you. This was a lecture and a workshop into defining yourself and your image in the professional sphere of creativity; be it fine art, design, photography or anything else. By then, I had my artist CV in the works, and a working image/symbol to give myself a professional identity. Yes, I was studying a master level in interaction design, but I still largely define myself as a practitioner in the contemporary arts, hence my delving into the interactive arena of that practice.

Anyway, we looked at a few usual suspects like Apple and Nike, whose brands you'd now recognise without even being told the name of the company.


Here, we need to consider what a person communicates when wearing a brand or using a product of one, which I think goes hand-in-hand to identifying the personality of a person based on their fashion sense.

Here are a few images for a brand, for my artist/designer CV, my website when I get it up and running, and business cards (doodled during the lecture):


I have a thing for eyes, and the Eye of Providence in particular, even though I don't necessarily have the outlook of a Mason. The significance of eyes, to me, draws on that of the beholder and what one perceives. Given that my aspiring career follows the art/design route, I've deemed a lot of images with eyes quite fitting to symbolise the perception of my own work - I appreciate those who LOOK. Even if they don't like my work, at least they looked and made their own perceptions.

I haven't done a final brand design yet, but these are a few ideas knocking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment